Take a step to get an in-depth knowledge of electric pressure washer & try reading our reviews to be sure which machine will be suitable for cleaning!
Talking about pressure washing devices, electric machines are widely and comfortably used by most of the consumers. It’s because of its price, light-weight, compactness, and easy source of power. When you decide to buy a pressure washing machine, you get confused about which one to buy. In this article, we have revealed the best electric pressure washer models based on all the features, specifications, and user reviews.
If you are new to this type of cleaning machine, you must understand the difference between gas-powered devices and electric-powered devices. Your work might be the same, and these two types of devices will give you two different working experiences.
As of electric ones, they produce less PSI, though enough for doing many of your heavy-duty cleanings; they make less noise; they are comparatively cheaper. Generally, residential and office users prefer electric machines over the gas ones.
Here you will get a detailed idea about electric machines with a list of 8 different best pressure washer. We made an effort to keep the speech simple and informative. The details are based on expert research, active user feedback, and the seller’s explanation. You must have a thorough reading to get the best out of it and apply the knowledge while purchasing an electric power washer that fits best for your needs.
What are the top rated electric pressure washers?
- Best and Recommended by Editor: Sun Joe SPX3000
“14.5-amp/1800-Watt Powerful motor, 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning; CSA approved, GFCI protection; Dual detergent tanks, Best Performance and Best Selling.”
- Best for Outdoor Cleaning: AR Blue Clean AR383
“Quick Outdoor Cleaning, Revitalize Wood Surfaces; Environmentally Friendly, Easy to Assemble; Auto-Reset GFCI module, Tri-Axial Pump for better performance.”
- Best for Heavy-duty Cleaning: Sun Joe SPX3500
“Powerful Induction Brushless Motor, Adjustable detergent dial; Exclusive Total Stop System (TSS), Easy for maneuverability, GFCI extension cord.”
- Best for Light-duty: Briggs & Stratton 20680
“Turbo Nozzle for faster cleaning, Tough Welded-Steel Frame; 1/2 gallon integrated detergent tank, Certified by PWMA.”
- Best for Overall: Sun Joe SPX3501
“Onboard 40.6 fl oz detergent tank with detergent dial, TSS (Total Stop System) to save energy and pump; Powerful 13-amp motor, 5 quick-connect spray tips.”
- Best for Maneuverability: Powerhouse International 3000 PSI
“Powerful motor and stable design, Better than gas pressure washer; Universal spray gun with longer hose, Telescoping handle.”
- Best for Budget: Sun Joe SPX1000
“Ideal for tackling light-to-medium duty cleaning jobs, TSS (Total Stop System) technology; 11.5-amp powerful motor, Maximum 1450 PSI of water pressure; 1.45 GPM flow rate.”
- Best for Household: Karcher K3 Follow-Me
“Compact and convenient design, Equipped with onboard detergent tank; Durable and Non-corrosive N-COR pump, Unique 4 rolling wheels for easy movement.”
Top Electric Pressure Washer – 8 Best Models!
|Sun Joe SPX3000||Check On Amazon!|
|AR Blue Clean AR383||Check On Amazon!|
|Sun Joe SPX3500||Check On Amazon!|
|Briggs & Stratton 20680||Check On Amazon!|
|Sun Joe SPX3501||Check On Amazon!|
|Powerhouse International PHI-Platinum||Check On Amazon!|
|Sun Joe SPX1000||Check On Amazon!|
|Karcher K3 Follow-Me||Check On Amazon!|
What is an Electric Pressure Washer?
Since you have come to this website, we believe you know what a pressure washer is. An electric pressure washer is a pressure washer that uses electricity as its primary power source.
We have seen that in the market, at least 60% of pressure washer users prefer an electric pressure washer. An electric power washer has few more components than a gas power washer. Though the purpose of an electric pressure washer and gas pressure washer is the same, there are some differences based on their power source and other facilities.
With a long power cord, the device needs to connect to the electric phase. The electricity flows through the device where it makes the motor and run; thus, the pump also runs. With a hose, water goes to the pump from the water source that is either a water line or a water tank. The pump creates immense pressure over the water inside the pump giving only one way out for the water. The water comes out through the high-pressure hose that is attached to a spray gun. This water force hits the stain and dirt and cleans them.
Total Stop System (TSS) is a modern feature that only an electric power washer contains. This feature shuts off the engine when you are not using the device without switching off the machine. It helps to save your valuable energy and let the engine cool down, thus making your device last longer.
Our Top Picks of Best Electric Pressure Washers [Updated]
As we informed earlier that more than 60 percent of users prefer electric pressure washer. Electricity has become cheaper and easily available now a day. People are prone to electric power washer since they get the power from their home electricity.
There are many companies who have been making electric pressure washer for many years and have become experts.
Based on the features, facilities, and user satisfaction, we picked & covered the following electric pressure washer reviews for you. We recommend you to buy one of the followings as they are the best residential pressure washer for usage. All the following products are equally good for your residential use.
Best and Recommended by Editor: Sun Joe SPX3000
As an electric pressure washer, this machine generates a lot of water force that makes your cleaning easy and convenient. The device is CSA approved, and the power cord has GFCI protection. To clean your tough stains on your patio, driveway, or sidings of your house, this device is ideal.
- The device provides a 2030 PSI water force with 1.76 GPM water flow.
- It has a sturdy and durable engine.
- It has a Total Stop System (TSS) that stops the engine automatically when the trigger is not in use.
- There are two detergent tanks for convenient detergent carriage.
- You will get five different nozzle tips for different types of cleaning.
- The two years warranty protects your investment.
- You might find the user manual guide a little difficult to understand.
- The adapter is made of plastic material and might leak in the future.
The price of this product is very low that fits in your pocket very easily. By spending a little amount, you will bring a useful and beneficial product to your home.
Best for Outdoor Cleaning: AR Blue Clean AR383
We should not doubt about the Company as it has been making power washers for many years. This device is one of their best inventions to satisfy all the home requirements for cleaning. It has got power and durability that assists you in your cleaning business and gives the surfaces a shiny look. You can easily clean your car, RV, boat, deck, sidings, and many more.
- The 14 Amp motor serves 1900 PSI water pressure with 1.5 GPM water flow.
- It is quite sturdy and durable.
- The Total Stop System (TSS) stops the engine if the trigger is not engaged.
- There is a convenient detergent tank for storing soap or detergent.
- Its power cord and high-pressure hose allow you to clean outside your home.
- It is convenient and comfortable to hold the spray gun.
- There is a one year warranty with the purchase.
- Sometimes, it becomes difficult to reeling the hose.
- After many days, there might be some leakage on the hose.
This device is very much accepted by present-day users. There are power and durability that put the device at one of the top positions of its class. The price is not much, and you don’t have to think much about your budget. The device will give you good washing and make your home’s life longer.
Best for Heavy-duty Cleaning: Sun Joe SPX3500
This is a powerful electronic device to clean your filth. The performance and durability of Sun Joe machines are unquestionable. It’s strong enough to clean your house and office. It got maximum rating per CSA test standards, and under general load, it will generate 2000 – 2300 PSI pressure smoothly.
- 13 AMP/2000 W brushless induction motor washes away your most stubborn dust, mud, tar, and other greasy stuff.
- The combination of 2300 PSI power and 1.48 GPM is perfect for providing a pleasant cleaning experience.
- It has got a detergent tank with a dial to control your required soap flow.
- Along with a soap applicator nozzle, it has 3 more nozzles.
- Total Stop System stops your engine while not in use.
- It has got 2 years warranty to back up your investment.
- Some users faced the problem with the detergent application while using an extension hose.
- Sometimes the user guide is difficult to understand.
Based on the price what you will get is the best deal you can get. The durability and performance of this device are unquestionable. It kept up the level of the company’s reputation.
Best for Light-duty: Briggs & Stratton 20680
It feels good when you get more than what you pay for. If you don’t have much area to clean daily and heavy-duty dirt frequently then you should go for a light-duty machine. Briggs & Stratton 20680 will be an ideal pressure washer for you. It’s light and handy, and it’ll serve your purpose very well.
- 1800 PSI power will be enough to clean your dirt, mud, tar, oil stain, etc.
- It has a sturdy welded steel frame that gives you enough protection from handling it roughly.
- An integrated detergent makes your work smooth and comfortable.
- Its PSI and GPM are tested and verified by an independent lab.
- There is a 20 feet flexible HP hose.
- 12 months limited warranty provides you a security to your investment
- A user has found a defective product, so you should check your device before you receive your product.
- For tough stain and grease, it might not help you much.
When dirt and debris attack your curb, you need to fight back. Briggs & Stratton 20680 will be your perfect weapon in this matter. You can easily depend on its durability and performance.
Best for Overall: Sun Joe SPX3501
This is the latest machine made by Sun Joe. It has high power, along with all the updated features that will be needed in your cleaning work. Its GFCI protected power cord makes it safer to use even in wet ground. If you are looking for an ideal product easily, you can choose this one for all its useful features and benefits.
- You will get 2300 PSI water pressure that will clean your tough dirt easily.
- It has 1.76 GPM water flow.
- Its TSS (Total Stop System) is more effective than its previous models.
- It has 40 oz detergent for mixing the soap.
- Almost all different types of nozzle tips are available.
- Like all the other Sun Joe products, it also has two years of warranty.
- The machine is quite sturdy and durable.
- The machine is a little heavier than the earlier products.
- To remove the old paint, it might not provide enough power.
If you are thinking of buying a pressure washer for your home, this machine should be one of the best choices. For small offices also you can easily use this one as it will provide you hassle-free service.
Best for Maneuverability: Powerhouse International 3000 PSI
3000 PSI is not a joke; it will easily remove the tough train and grease from your house and office. This machine comes up with all the extra necessary parts that you need, patio cleaner, hose reel, nozzle, gun, etc. It’s tough in look, compact in shape and easy to carry around your working area.
- 3000 PSI along with 2.2 GPM is, in some cases, more powerful than the gas-powered engine.
- It included many accessories such as Turbo and angle nozzles, patio – surface cleaner, soap foam sprayer, brush, etc.
- Its hose is more flexible than most of the ordinary ones, which prevents kink.
- 5 quick-connect spray tips are provided for your different cleaning experiences.
- The spray gun is universal along with two stainless steel lances.
- It has a 1-year manufacturing defect warranty.
- Being strictly a cold water machine, you will not be able to use hot water with it.
- Some find the specs provided with the machine are not accurate.
Powerful electric machines with outstanding quality are rare in the market. You can easily depend on its high quality and long-lasting performance.
Best for Budget: Sun Joe SPX1000
Snow Joe is a well-known brand in the electric pressure washer world. This machine is very good for residential use that keeps most of the surfaces clean at your house. With this device, you can clean your house whenever you want and increase the value of your house. It smoothly cleans the mud on your car or the stain on any surface. The features are attractive for using at home.
- The motor has the power that generates 1450 PSI pressure and the pump serves water at the rate of 1.45 GPM.
- The spray gun is convenient to the hole that reduces any fatigue.
- It has Total Stop System (TSS) to reduce the heat from generating.
- You will get two nozzle tips, 0-degree pencil point gets and 45-degree wide spray fan.
- The Company will provide two years of manufacturing warranty.
- You cannot use the device for commercial use or heavy-duty cleaning.
- Some users feel that the hose is not long enough to take it to the corner of their garden.
This device is one of the most lightweight devices that you can carry with ease. You can buy this device without spending a lot of money. All the features and facilities make the best choice for you to use at your house. The warranty defends your valuable investment.
Best for Household: Karcher K3 Follow-Me
The name tells that the device follows you everywhere with its four wheels. No other pressure washer has four wheels which make its movement convenient and comfortable. The machine is very efficient for cleaning your car, motorcycle, fence and almost all the surfaces at your home. Depending on its compact look and its good features, this power washing machine is one of the best electric power washers in the market.
- The powerful machine generates water pressure of 1800 PSI which is quite enough for residential use.
- There is a detergent tank included so that it becomes easy for you to carry the detergent.
- The trigger gun is very convenient to hold and use and reduces injuries.
- The best part of this device is its easy movement with four wheels.
- The Company gives one year warranty from the date of your purchase.
- The hose is not very long and it might be a problem for a large house.
- For its compact design, the storage might fall short for its components.
The look of the device is pretty attractive that captivates everyone’s attention. The features are suitable for residential use. With this powerful device, you can clean most of the tough stains and dirt. The Company keeps its price within your budget so that you don’t fall short of money. The device will serve you for a long period of time.
Types of Electric Pressure Washer
All the electric pressure washers do not have the same capacity or cannot do the cleanings equally. There are some devices that are best for light-duty works where there are some devices that are best for heavy-duty works.
Based on the power of a pressure washer we can divide electric pressure washers into three categories.
- Light-Duty Electric Pressure Washer: Your car is a delicate and sophisticated vehicle that you don’t want to harm in any way. If you want to wash it with a high power machine, the water force might harm the surface of your car. Even the paint might come off with the high water force. For these kinds of surfaces, you should use the light-duty pressure washer. The PSI of a light-duty electric pressure washer falls between 1200 PSI and 1400 PSI.
- Medium-Duty Electric Pressure Washer: When you go to clean your driveway, patio, sidings or fence you will need a little higher water force. Without a little higher water force you cannot clean the stain from the surface. The PSI of medium-duty electric power washer comes between 1400 PSI and 1800 PSI.
- Heavy-Duty Electric Pressure Washer: When you need to remove the old paint or the old oil stain this machine will help you. To clean the heavy-duty dirt the other types of pressure washers will not work properly. With this kind of device, you can clean the outer sides of your 2-3 storied building as the water force will reach the top. More than 1700 or 1800 PSI water pressure can be considered as the heavy-duty electric power washer.
Benefits of Using Electric Power Washer
There are many benefits of using a pressure washer and you will get some additional benefits for using an electric pressure washer. We mentioned the good sides of an electric power washer and we provided some pressure washer models as well. An electric pressure washer creates less noise. So, you can keep the pressure washer inside your house that will not bother you much. You will get rid of some unwanted hassle also from your neighbor who could have complained because of noise.
An electric pressure washer gives you relief from buying the oil or gasoline and storing them. It needs electricity to run the device that is available in your own house. The electric device takes energy from the electric point at your home through a power cord. Now almost all the power cords come with GFCI protection to give you safety on a wet ground.
You will see that an electric pressure washer is lighter than a gas run pressure washer. Lightweight means it is easy to carry from one place to another comfortably. To carry the device, in most of the power washers, there are wheels that give you additional support. You don’t have to take anyone’s help to move your machine.
The electric pressures are comparatively cheaper than the gas run pressure washers. So it becomes very easy to own a pressure washer even if you don’t have a big budget. The price comes within your reach. The compact size of an electric power washer takes less space in your garage for storing it. You can even keep it inside your house if you want and that will not look odd.
Finally, we can say that an electric pressure washer is more convenient than a gas run pressure washer. If an electric pressure fulfills all your required needs than you should go for it. In this page, we have given some models of electric power washer that we found best for residential use.
Important Things to Consider Before Buying!
An electric pressure washer contains many features to fulfill the user’s needs. When you go to buy a power washer you should look for some specific qualities or features in a machine. It’s because not all the features will be helpful for you and some qualities might become a burden as well.
For example, a very powerful machine has the capacity to cause your injury where you might not need that much power for your residential use. On the other hand, you might end up buying a less powerful machine that cannot clean your tough stain. The best pressure washer is the one that completes your cleaning needs smoothly. Here we tried to give you some idea about the features that you should consider before making your purchase.
Pounds per Square Inch, in short PSI, is the measurement unit of the water force that is generated by a machine. In pressure washer world, PSI indicates how much power the engine has to create the water pressure. In general, an electric power washer generates less water pressure than a gas power washer. 1300 PSI to 2000 PSI water pressure is the average for the electric pressure washers.
There are very few devices that exceed 2000 PSI. With 1300 PSI to 1600 PSI water pressure you can easily clean your fence, car, boat, patio, etc. To clean the tougher dirt such as grease, oil stains or to remove the paints you will need higher water pressure.
GPM or Gallon Per Minute is the measurement unit of the water flow that the pump delivers through the hose. If the flow of water is low than with high PSI also you cannot clean your surface nicely.
So, to make your cleaning effective you need higher GPM or the GPM has to synchronize with water pressure. In general, most of the electric pressure washers serve between 1.2 GPM and 2.0 GPM water.
Hot and Cold Water
Not all the pressure washers have the facility to use hot and cold water. Most of the pressure washers use cold water to clean a surface.
There are few machines that allow you to use hot water. In cold water power washer, it only uses the water force to remove the dirt. But in hot water pressure washer, the water heat also combines with the water force. To clean the oil stain, grease or any sort of sticky dirt hot water pressure washer works excellent.
Types of Nozzle
For different usage, the Company provides different nozzle tips that you can add to the top of your spray gun. In general, there are 6 types of nozzles available in the market. The nozzle types are 0, 15, 25, 40, 65-degree and soap applicator nozzle. The 0-degree nozzle tip delivers water like a pencil point jet that reaches to the corners and hard-to-reach areas.
The 15, 25, 40 and 65-degree nozzles deliver water like a wide spray fan. The soap applicator nozzle provides the mixture of detergent and has less power than the other nozzles.
Think Before Buying an Electric Power Washer
You should not just go to the market and buy a pressure washer without having much knowledge about it. At first, you must find out your needs, or for what reason, you need a pressure washer. Then compare the electric pressure washer with the gas pressure washer and choose one. And finally, after checking the features and facilities, decide which brand or Company’s pressure washer you want to buy.
If you really care about your money, then these are the steps you should follow to find the best electric power washer. You will find that electric pressure washer provides less water pressure compared to a gas pressure washer. Don’t get fascinated by the boost of force as too much force is not always good. It might harm you and your property.
There is a chance of the paint of your car to come off if you put much water force to clean it. Your fence might get broken; your patio might be harmed. So, for residential use or less tough cleaning, an electric pressure washer is the best option.
The water force is measured by Pound per Square Inch (PSI). The average electric pressure washers generate a water force of 1400 PSI to 2000 PSI. This water force is ideal for cleaning your car, patio, driveway, house, fence, etc.
Why Should You Buy the Best
The best pressure washer becomes the best because it gives very fine service to its users and earns users’ satisfaction. When we invest our money we definitely want the one that will complete our needs. That is why Companies always try to give the best qualities to serve your requirements smoothly. But not all the models’ combination of putting its components becomes good.
There are only few who actually are good and combine all its components and are durable. It is a big hassle and time consuming to go to the expert if your device gets spoilt very often. That is why the users always want the best so that the machine gives them service over a long period of time without any interruption.
You should buy the best pressure washing machine because you don’t want to regret later when a new model comes on the market.
On our website, we tried to find out and show you all the good and bad qualities of an electric pressure washer. Our experts have done intensive research and found out all the points that you should keep in mind when you go to buy an electric pressure washer.
We showed the differences between the electric and gas run pressure washers. We presented the important features that you should look for before you make your purchase.
We hope that all this information will help you make the best choice when you go to buy a pressure washer. Though you might not get equal power to gas-run pressure washer but the received power will be quite enough.