If you are using pressure washer but don’t know which pump suits your machine, let the following 7 best pressure washer pumps give you some exciting ideas!
There are different types of pumps for pressure washer available in the market. Different companies use different pumps, and the pump also varies from machine to machine. You would be able to choose the right pressure washer pump that will match with your machine by reading this article.
Mainly we can divide the pressure washer pumps into three groups, Wobble Pump, Axial Cam Pump, and Triplex Plunger pump. In many places, you will see that pumps are divided into two types where the wobble pump is excluded. In this article, you will get to know about the top listed pressure washer pumps, working procedures of different pumps and their benefits and drawbacks.
What are the Best Pressure Washer Pumps
- Best and Recommended by Editor: AR ANNOVI REVERBERI Triplex Pump
- Best Choice: Simpson Cleaning 90029 Axial Cam Pump
- Best for Gas-Powered: AR North America SRMW22G26EZ Axial Pump
- Best for Budget: UNIVERSAL 3000 PSI PUMP
- Best for Overall: Homelite Vertical 308653045 308653052 Pump
- Best for Vertical Engines: Universal Power Washer Water Pump
- Best for Heavy Cleaning: Himore 309515003 Pump
Top Rated Best Pump for Pressure Washer
|AR ANNOVI REVERBERI Triplex Pump||Check On Amazon!|
|Simpson Cleaning 90029 Axial Cam Pump||Check On Amazon!|
|AR North America SRMW22G26EZ Axial Pump||Check On Amazon!|
|UNIVERSAL 3000 PSI PUMP||Check On Amazon!|
|Homelite Vertical 308653045 308653052 Pump||Check On Amazon!|
|Universal Power Washer Water Pump||Check On Amazon!|
|Himore 309515003 Pump||Check On Amazon!|
General Types: Positive displacement pumps have two general groups. The groups are reciprocating pumps that use pistons and plungers, and rotary pumps, that use screws, gears, and vanes. There are two main differences between these two types of pumps.
The first one is that the piston pump has the cylinder seal attached to the piston, and the plunger pump has the cylinder seal at the stationary point. The second one is that the piston pump is driven by a drive shaft and the plunger pump is driven by a crankshaft.
The Three Pressure Washer Pump Types
For better understanding, the companies divide the pressure washer pumps into three categories, and they are Wobble Pump, Axial Cam Pump, and Triplex Plunger pump.
This type of pump uses a wobble plate that is connected to the drive shaft that pushes the piston back and forth. The piston sucks in the water and pushes it out with great force.
This pump is only 70% efficient because it needs to push against the water and the spring. These pumps are sealed shut before they come out from the factory and are used in low PSI (below 2500) and low GPM (below 2.0) machines.
- This pump can run dry, produce high pressure and self-priming.
- If any of the parts of this pump gets spoilt then you cannot repair it, you have to replace it. They are not as efficient as the other pumps.
Axial Cam Pump
This pump can work at higher PSI and higher GPM. This is an intermediate level pump that will offer you many advantages over the wobble pump. In this pump, the pistons rotate around the swash plate which is a little different from a wobble pump.
The swash plate strokes the piston, and the pistons suck up water from one side and push it out on the other side. In this operation, it rotates about the same axis as the drive shaft directly connected.
The lifespan of this pump is around 500 – 800 hours which is slightly better to wobble pumps. This kind of pump is used in most of the machines that fall under 3500 PSI.
There are two versions of this pump which are fixed and variable. In the variable version, you can adjust the angle of the swash plate.
- This pump has a longer life and more efficient than the wobble pump. You can adjust the water flow if you adjust the swash plate angle.
- This pump becomes very hot while working and takes the time to cool down. This pump can cause excess vibration if it is not properly balanced.
Triplex Plunger Pump
This kind of pump is very strong that can run thousands of hours without maintenance. They can tolerate very high water pressure and are used in most of the professional-level machines. Like a car engine, the pistons drive on positive action to suck in water and push the water out with each stroke.
This pump is around 90% efficient and because they run at less RPM than the engine they run cooler. In this pump, you can replace and repair most of its parts.
Depending on your maintenance this machine gives you service. The maintenance of this machine is economical. Most of the machines that serve over 3000 PSI water use this pump.
- These pumps are very efficient that is less prone to leaks with very high-pressure tolerance. Because of its running speed, it remains cool and increases pump life.
- The prices are high for this kind of pump.
7 Best Pressure Washer Pumps – Top Models Reviewed
Among many options, it often becomes a hassle to find out one specific thing when you don’t have any clue about it. If you get a list of the particular things your work is cut down by at least half. We will try to make your search for the pressure washer pump easy and comfortable. You can easily select your appropriate product from the list we provided here. You’ll also learn details about these products, their benefits drawbacks. Sitting in one place you can easily take your decision. All the pumps here are top-rated products that are very popular among their users.
Best and Recommended by Editor: AR ANNOVI REVERBERI Triplex Pump
Cheap and best, perfectly match with this machine. When you have a little low budget and you need a pump for your pressure washer, it can be your best option. Though AR North America Vertical Axial Radial Pressure Washer Pump is not the cheapest product but its performance is better than the others of this type. It’s easy to install on your machine and it provides long-term service. Its pistons are made with hardened and tempered steel that ensures the smooth running of this part. Because of its lightweight, it becomes easy to carry.
The important features of this product are given below:
- 2400 PSI water pressure
- 2 GPM water flow
- It mounts directly onto the engine shaft by using a keyed hollow shaft connection system
- 3 piston alternating volumetric pump
- It has a downstream chemical injection system
- There is a built-in pressure control valve
- It is for vertical gas engine driven unit
- It conveniently connects to most 7/8” diameter shaft
- It fits most OEM carts easily.
Pros: The good qualities of AR North America Vertical Axial Radial Pressure Washer Pump are:
- It perfectly matches most OEM carts
- For residential usage it is perfect
- Its weight is not much which makes the machine light
- There is thermal relief protection for controlling heat
- Its pressure control valve prevents any kind of misshapen
- You don’t have to pay much to buy this part
Cons: Its bad sides are:
- For heavy-duty cleaning, you might not be able to use it.
- Sometimes, the 5/8″ axle interferes with the pump hose connections.
Considering all its good and bad sides you can easily depend on this machine. To clean the residential stuffs this pump will provide perfect water pressure. If it matches your pressure washer it will be easier for you to install. You yourself can easily solve its small problems. This pump is protected from over-heating. Investing on this product will be a good option.
Best Choice: Simpson Cleaning 90029 Axial Cam Pump
This is an Axial Cam pump that is quite powerful and user-friendly. For residential usage, you can easily depend on it. The company Simpson certifies its working ability and durability. Many of the pumps in the market get overheated if you use them longer. SIMPSON Cleaning 90029 Axial Cam Horizontal Pressure Washer Replacement Pump’s thermal relief prevents its overheating so you can work for a longer period of time without any obstacles. this pump prevents contamination and water leaking.
The features of this pump are attractive and the information here will help you know about it.
- This is a direct drive horizontal axial pump
- It provides 3100 PSI water pressure and 2.5 GPM water flow
- Designed with a gas engine flange and 3/4” hollow shaft
- It comes pre-filled with oil and thermal relief protection
- You will get an M22 outlet for easy connection
- It is made of cast aluminum for corrosion protection
- It is an OEM technology pump
Pros: There are plenty of good sides SIMPSON Cleaning 90029 Axial Cam Horizontal Pressure Washer Replacement Pump has.
- Its thermal relief protection prevents overheating
- M22 outlet provides easy connection
- Corrosion proof extends the longevity
- It is sealed to prevent contamination and lube failure
- It has the power-boost technology to enhance performance
Cons: It has got some bad sides as well.
- You can’t use it for commercial machine
- It might cost you a little more than many others.
Though you will pay more than usual, it will be a good investment. According to the users’ reviews, this machine works for many years without giving any trouble. Before buying you just have to find out whether this pump fits your machine. For your machine’s smooth running and for making your cleaning work easier this will be a good option.
Best for Gas-Powered: AR North America SRMW22G26EZ Axial Pump
Annovi Reverberi is a well-known brand in making pressure washers. They have an expert team who make world-class pumps and machine. This is the reason they are a famous brand in the world. AR North America 2600 PSI Vertical Axial Radial Pressure Washer Pump is one of their best inventions. This pump is powerful, durable and provides very high performance. This is a vertical axial pump that provides a very good performance. Its weight is considerably lower compared to most of the pumps in the market.
Let’s see what this pump has got.
- You will get 2600 PSI water pressure
- Its water flow rate is 2.2 GPM
- This pump weighs only 5.3 pounds
- Inlet and outlet come out through the back of the engine
- There is oil-lubricated chemical injector
- It has a thermal relief valve
- Its hose connection measurement is 12mm x 14mm
Pros: AR North America 2600 PSI Vertical Axial Radial Pressure Washer Pump will provide you the following benefits:
- For residential stuff, you will get sufficient power
- Its water flow rate is perfect
- It’ll not be heated easily
- You can easily inject an oil-lubricated chemical
- It will not make your machine heavy
- It fits most of the brands
- Its installation is quite easy
Cons: The bad sides are:
- If your present pump’s outlet tubes face the same direction you might have to order for the standard version which is 2G26-EZ.
- This pump might not work if you have many heavy duty cleaning jobs.
The price of this pump is comparatively less than most of the pumps in the market. Your investment will be protected by its given warranty. If you don’t have any heavy-duty cleaning tasks why should you waste on buying an expensive pump which will not be under-used? You can easily depend on this brand based on their fame.
Best for Budget: UNIVERSAL 3000 PSI PUMP
UNIVERSAL 3000 PSI pressure washer water pump is specially made for Honda, Generac, and many other products. You will have a great experience with this pump as it is smooth, easy to connect and provides excellent performance. You will get 3000 PSI water pressure that is quite enough for the regularly used residential stuff such as vehicles, patio, fence, floors, roof, etc. You will get the 1-year warranty for your investment safety. Before you buy this product check its OEM number to match with your machine.
- It provides water pressure of 3000 PSI
- You will get maximum of 2.5 GPM water flow
- This is a horizontal brass head pump
- Its weight is 6.5 pounds
- Compatible with Honda and Generac machines
- Easy connect facilities.
Pros: If you buy UNIVERSAL 3000 PSI pressure washer water pump you will get the following benefits:
- Powerful and durable pump
- You yourself can connect it to your machine
- It will not make your machine heavy
- You will get one year warranty
- It matches with many pressure washers
- Its price is not much
- It is an ideal pump for residential machines.
Cons: The bad sides of this product are:
- If not installed properly you might have a problem with your hose
- There are other cheaper pumps available though, its quality is better.
Investing your money for this pump will be a wise decision. You don’t have to regret it. All the users who bought this part provided a very good review and it assures its better quality. Before buying don’t forget to match its OEM number for a perfect connection.
Best for Overall: Homelite Vertical 308653045 308653052 Pump
This is the Homelite’s product that has won its users’ heart. There are plenty of experts who believe that Homelite Vertical Pressure Washer Pump is one of the best options for replacing your old pump. You might keep this pump on your buying list and choose if it fits your machine. This is one of the cheapest machines available in the market. It might be cheap, but its performance and durability will make you forget the price. Investing your money in this pump will benefit you.
For consideration, you might want to know its specifications.
- This pump will provide you 2700 PSI water pressure
- It will provide you appropriate water flow, which is 2.4 GPM
- It is compatible with many brands of Homelite/Husky/Ryobi Pressure Washers
- It does not have a thermal release valve
- Its weight is only 4 pounds
- It fits 7/8” shaft vertical crank engine
- It is a genuine OEM replacement pump
Pros: You should know the good sides of Homelite Vertical Pressure Washer Pump.
- For powerful cleaning tasks, it’ll be very good
- You will get sufficient water flow
- It will not make your machine heavy
- It fits most of the pressure washers
- You yourself can easily install this pump
- You don’t have to pay much for this product
Cons: There are some bad sides as well.
- You will not get the thermal release valve
- For your heavy-duty works, it might not provide you sufficient power.
When you don’t have much money in your pocket you might choose this pump. Based on its features and performance you can put this inexpensive pump’s group. Before you buy don’t forget to match it with your pressure washer model so that you don’t have to face any hassle. Your investment will be safe with this pump.
Best for Vertical Engines: Universal Power Washer Water Pump
Being a general person we mostly use the pressure washer for our residential purpose. We maintain different professions and when any technical matter comes we get confused. To replace the spoilt pump of our machine Homelite Himore Universal Pressure Washer Pump can be a lifesaver. The best part of this tool is that it fits in many machines that are often used in homes. You yourself can easily change it by simply following its user manual. You might just need a toolbox containing the necessary parts to open the pump. It’ll really be very effective and trustworthy to use this pump on your machine.
Have a look at its specifications that might help you decide if you want to choose this pump or not.
- It will provide maximum 2800 PSI water pressure
- The water flow will be 2.3 Gallon Per Minute
- Its space between Mounting Bolts: 7 11/16″ – 6 3/16″ – 6 7/16″
- Its 7/8” shaft Fits Honda GC135, GX140, GC160easily
- Briggs and Kohler engines with 7/8 inch diameter
- Thermal Valve Relief is included with it.
Pros: The good sides of Homelite Universal Pressure Washer Pump are:
- This pump is compatible with many residential machines
- For heavy-duty cleaning 2800, PSI will work just fine
- It’s very easy to install
- You will get a good water flow
- Its weight is not much to carry
- You will get a good quality service
- The inlet and outlet will point in the opposite direction.
Cons: Its bad sides are:
- Its shaft will not fit ¾” motor’s shaft
- Some of the buyers’ pumps are leaking after they got the delivery which they need to replace.
The price of this product is very low so it is affordable to most of its users. This pump is highly recommended to the residential pressure washer users. Your investment will be secured by this purchase. Learn about its good and bad sides for selecting. You don’t have to worry about its installation as it’s very easy.
Best for Heavy Cleaning: Himore 309515003 Pump
This pump fits most of the pressure washer brands, so you don’t have to worry about its installation. Himore 3000 PSI Power Pressure Washer Horizontal Pump is famous for producing high pressure and more GPM that is essential for your cleaning job. To complete your pump requirements for residential pressure washer this one can be a really good option. All its users have provided a good review which establishes its good performance and longer durability. Before buying you just need to keep in mind that it is a horizontal pump.
This pump has many features that you might want to know.
- It’ll provide 3000 PSI water pressure
- It fits with ¾ inch horizontal crank engine
- 6 GPM water flow is quite enough to clean things properly
- This pump is featured with metal that ensures its durability
- When new, the oil in the pump is already installed
- It has a thermal release valve
- There is a chemical injector and garden hose hookup
Pros: Good sides of Himore 3000 PSI Power Pressure Washer Horizontal Pump are:
- You will get sufficient power to clean your homely stuff
- It is a horizontal pump
- The product is quite durable
- You can easily inject chemical from outside
- It fits most brands so you don’t need to worry
- You will get it for a cheap price
Cons: It has some demerits as well.
- You have to control it carefully as it is quite powerful
- It produces noise that might annoy you
- You need to be careful while using it for your delicate stuff.
Based on its different features and benefits one can easily choose this product. If you are tired of finding the appropriate pump for your pressure washer you can try this one. It actually fits most brands and most models which is a good advantage. It will save you money as well that you can use for another purpose.
It is definitely your decision to select the pump that you will buy for your pressure washer. You just have to think about a few important things such as product match, PSI and GPM capability, product brand and its users’ review. You must not forget to match the product to avoid unnecessary changing. Matching with the machine you have to select the PSI and GPM. Good brands always make good products for their reputation depends on it. Learn properly about a product before buying so that you can avoid future troubles.
The performance of your machine highly depends on the quality of your pump. The price of the Triplex Plunger pump is the highest among the three, then the Axial Cam pump and finally, the wobble pump. When you buy a machine, you should look for a better pump that lasts long and doesn’t need frequent maintenance. If you need to replace your pump, you should go for the better one if your machine supports it.