Top 5 Cleaning Tools That Make Your House Shiny!
This article contains affiliate links. If you click on these, As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases without any additional costs to you. Click here to find out more.
Your home is your haven; a great place that you cool off after a hard day’s job. That’s why it is important that you keep it really clean. Here are the Top 5 Cleaning Tools That Make Your House Shiny in the simplest way possible.
Table of Contents
A pressure washer is a simple home cleaning tool that allows you to wash off dirt on wooden surfaces including decks, house sidings, stairs, and gazebos. Better still, you can use it on wooden outdoor furniture and also concrete surfaces.
Pressure washer comes in two different types. A low-pressure nozzle tip washer and a high-pressure nozzle tips washer. Depending on the pressure, the water jet that comes out of a pressure washer will be able to leave your home clean.
A good example is a pressure washing a concrete surface. Here is a simple guide to getting a good concrete surface done with a pressure washer any day.
- Sweep the surface first – You should clear the debris and dust.
- Protect your exterior wall – You can use plastic sheeting and a tape
- Get user safety manual – You don’t want to work from the blues.
- Make sure the surface is free of grease – Spray a bottle of degreaser
- Attach the tip of the spray wand to your chosen detergent.
- Connect the pressure washer’s hose and wand
- Spray your detergent on the surface – at this point a concrete surface
- Choose the right PSI settings and pressure wash the surface – leave to dry
Often the best PSI for cleaning different surfaces will differ depending on the surface. However, the right pressure level can sometimes depend on your need. A pressure washer with a power rating of 3000 PSI or above can easily break down stubborn dirt from a concrete surface and will use fewer gallons of water.
Additionally, here is what you should know; such a machine will also work better if you wanted to peel off any paints. However, for general home cleaning a machine of about 1200 PSI will do a great job in leaving your home shiny.
Another great cleaning tool that will leave your home spotlessly cleans in the vacuum cleaner. It is a simple gadget that will suck off dust and debris from your floor to leave it extremely clean. Some of the best vacuum cleaners are automated and can be easily programmed and left to clean.
There are other options that are manually used such as handheld vacuum cleaner among other options. To keep your home really clean, it is advisable that you use a vacuum cleaner at least once a week. However, the more the traffic in your area, the more you need to vacuum clean too.
A vacuum cleaner comes with an attached bag and cleaning chambers that can be easily detached and emptied. This is amazingly essential if you intend to keep your vacuum cleaner from smelling.
If you want to have great results from your vacuum cleaning, here is what you should always keep doing.
- Start by removing some dust
- Prepare the area by removing any obstacles
- Make sure your vacuum is set – use a user manual
- If it a manual vacuum cleaner start with room edges
- If it is an automatic vacuum cleaner, program it
- Adjust the vacuum’s height depending on the space available
- Take your time to vacuum properly
There are also a number of vacuum cleaner cars and maintenance tips that you should always follow to make sure that your cleaner lasts longer.
- Always unplug your vacuum cleaner from power before maintenance
- Check the dust bag regularly and replace it if full
- Empty the bagless models as often as possible
- Clean the brush roll on your cleaner when dirty
- Clean and lubricate the brush roll’s bearings.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Toilet bowl cleaners are cleaning options used to keep the toilet clean and free from germs. They are also good at killing unwanted bacteria that can easily cause diseases in your loved ones. Toilet bowl cleaners are often bought over the counter.
They come in form of gels, tablets, and solutions. Some are automatic but the time a toilet cleaner will last depends on how well you would use it. Even so, they are a DIY option that you can easily use to clean wet surfaces and under the rim.
Swiffer Wet Jet
A Swiffer Wet Jet is a home cleaning tool that uses a Swiffer Jet solution and a power mop to leave your house shiny. It is a one power mop that is safe to use and has a fast drying formula usually derived from its solution.
A Swiffer Wet Jet is very safe for use in various types of surfaces. It is good for finished hardwood surfaces especially when you use the wet cloth. However, wet refills are not recommended for use on a number of surfaces including unfinished, waxed, or oiled floors too.
In case the Swiffer Wet Jet runs out of its cleaning solution, it can always be refilled. Here is how you can go about doing it.
- Dunk Swiffer Jet’s cap in hot water – this will soften the plastic
- Twist off the plastic
- Clip off the locking tabs – you can use a pair of nail clippers.
- The Wet Jet reservoir now opens up and leaves a refillable bottle
- Choose a cleaning solution of your choice and refill.
Sprayway Glass Cleaner
Unlike all the other home cleaning options that we have seen which essentially deal on floors, the Sprayway Glass Cleaner is your best window cleaner. The cleaner comes in the type of cleaning foam.
The foam usually pulls contaminants up into bubbles that eventually allow you to clean your glasses up easily. Because the foam is usually less wet than a solution or liquid cleaner, streaks can never be left on your window panes easily.
It is advisable that when cleaning with a Sprayway Glass Cleaner you work with a microfiber cloth to ensure a shiny finish. Usually, the Sprayway Glass Cleaner contains no ammonia. Just remember to always clean using a dry paper towel, clean microfiber cloth (lint-free cloth) to shine glass surfaces.
Your home should be spotlessly clean. This will keep your loved ones safe and free from any forms of health hazards that could arise. Cleaning your home gives you that. However, it needs the right options such as these.
Daniel has completed his graduation mechanical engineering from a reputed university in US. He worked as a technical engineer in a pressure washer manufacturing plant for four years. He has a great passion for mechanical devices and has opened a workshop where he does research on various machines in his leisure time. His high interest in technology made him an expert in commercial and residential pressure washers.
Categorised in: Blog